My mom told me today that Dede asked how my new job was going... I guess since I posted on FB, that I just figured the word got around.
The job that I was so excited about in my last post ended up not being what was described to me in the interview.
The short version is that they told me in my interview that I would not be responsible for sales until my 4 month probation was up. Well, the branch manager started pressuring me the first day asking if I had friends or family to give to the Insurance agency that we use to do cold calls. I let her know that I didn't have anyone that would be interested, nor was I willing to give out friends or family information without their permission. 2 days later she actually forced me to call my best friend b/c they hadn't had anyone sign up for accounts that day. (Even though I had told her for 3 days that they would not be interested) Luckily Steph didn't answer that call. She proceeded to tell me that when you are new you have to "pimp out your friends and family for accounts" and that "it's only $10" they should want to help you out.
Needless to say, I was NOT comfortable with this and decided that since I would only be making $100 more than unemployment that I was better off on unemployment with my morals and standards in tact.
So, back to the drawing board. I never stopped applying for education jobs, teaching and Aide positions. I had an interview this past Monday for an Aide position and should hear tomorrow if I got the position or not.
If not, then I will probably be subbing another year. As much as I want my own classroom, and REALLY DIDN'T WANT to be subbing again, the bank showed me that I am not cut out for the 8-5 job world. I need the excitement and hustle and bustle of the classroom to keep me focused! :)
I apologize to Dede (who I didn't realize read my blog) and anyone else who didn't hear the results.
In other news... I turned 36 last Thursday, and the sermon on Sunday at church felt like it was personally designed for me. I promise to blog about both those events in the next couple days, as well as the results of my interview when I find out!
Miss you all! Thank you for your prayers and love! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment