Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I need your prayers!

I don't have much time for details but I really need your prayers.
I've been in Texas for 3 months now and I don't have my own place to live. I am working 3 jobs trying to have money to accomplish that. Waitressing and Subbing are both unstable income.
I applied for a permanent Second grade Teaching position right before Thanksgiving, but haven't heard anything and can't even get the Principal or Asst. Principal to answer email or phone calls to tell me when the job even starts.
Anyway, I have just been really stressed lately. It's hard being here basically alone. I live with my best friend and her family but I probably only see them 3-5 hours a week on average because of how much I work. I don't really have any other true friends. I go to church alone and since I don't know where I will be making my church home just yet, I am not in a small group (and don't really know where I would fit it in).
Coming home for Thanksgiving was so wonderful and now that I am back here I miss it even more. It was so nice to go to church and get hugs and have people ask about me and let me know they are praying for me.
On the upside, when I got back to waitressing on Sunday night I did get a few hugs and several people told me they missed me.
Anyway... I need to go because I am definitely tired of crying today. Please just pray that God would open doors to where I am supposed to be living, and if it's in His will a Full time teaching position or a very long term substitute position that He would open those doors as well.
I love you all and miss everyone terribly.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Know what, Heather,I've had the very same thing happen to me when I was in Dallas. It's the old "Home-sickness" syndrome. No matter how independent we think we are, finding ourselves in a "foreign" land (TX) is very hard to cope with at first. You've just been running on fumes, trying to make some huge adjustments these past few months. I remember believing I would absolutely melt from all the tears, and in fact was ready to pack up and leave for home, had not my wonderful Dean of Women encouraged me to wait just a few more weeks. I found that #1 Satan did not want me to walk by faith, #2 he didn't want me to be successful, #3 certainly did not want me learning any "stretch & grow" lessons that could only make me more effective. So many of our emotions produce confusion in our minds, and confusion is definately not a God-thing. You have put in the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears to get as far as you've gotten. Keep praying for His leading hand in your life. He really has already made the provisions for all these things you need, no matter where you are. God will continue to lead and love you even as you just only hang on to his coat tails at times. Those three years there produced a lifetime of great memories, precious lifelong friends, and a little better understanding of how God wants to be our everything. I'll be praying...You are in a safe place in His care. Love, Bonnie

Kristina K said...

Hey Cousin.. I totally understand where you are coming from. Moving to NC was hard and even though I knew people here I never saw them so the weekends were hard. Give it time.. it took a year but I have found some awesome friends, found a few new places to hang out and have learned a lot about myself. I will admit Thanksgiving was hard hearing everybody together and not seeing my parents and sister on my b-day but when the bad day come I power through and then the next day is even better. Give it time it will happen. Everybody told me the first year is the hardest but it gets better and they were right!!

Elizabeth said...

I know this sounds Cliche but you are still in transition. At some point this will end and everything will fall into place. It is not easy. Nothing is easy but it always works out. keep going, keep doing like you have and as soon as you forget that you are frustrated it will fall into place. And you have to TRUST. TRUST that this is the plan. You are here for a reason. And you cannot control when the blessings come.

Mama Mote said...

Meant to write something earlier. I've been praying for you, too. It took Danielle almost a year before she finally got a job (well, two) that would keep her afloat. She used up most of her savings and was barely making enough to pay rent - I think that's about all she COULD do. She was about to give up, thinking she made a mistake, but things started coming together and she finally got a job, school started and she was able to build up her savings again. This will happen for you, too. It is hard to transition and I'm living it with you at the moment. Hopefully, in a couple of months we will know at least where we will be living. If not here, then I will have to look for a job wherever we end up. NOT looking forward to that if that's what happens. But...I am trusting God that no matter what happens, that I will accept it, thank Him for it and go forward with Him. Take care, Heather.